DON’T LET YOUR WOMEN’S INITIATIVE BECOME A WAY TO DISEMPOWER YOUR FIRM’S WOMEN
All too often, organizational leaders agree to the formation of a women’s initiative that is really only an opportunity for women to talk to one another – not a way to produce genuine and effective opportunities for women to advance.
For a women’s initiative to be effective it must:
- Have clear, realistic goals and strategies for accomplishing them
- Have buy-in and support from the top
- Have the involvement of key stakeholders, including men
- Have a significant budget
- Have an agenda derived from the identified needs of the firm’s women
- Be aligned with the firm’s strategic goals
- Have metrics to assess its effectiveness
- Advance women into positions of firm leadership
- Reduce the gender pay gap
We work with legal organizations to:
A women’s initiative needs to be more than an opportunity for women to discuss obstacles. It needs to provide solutions that enable women to overcome those obstacles.
- Assess the need for and goals of a women’s initiative
- Involve key stakeholders in the creation and implementation of the initiative
- Design the initiative so that it is aligned with the firm’s strategic business goals
- Identify skill-focused and systems-focused interventions
- Coach the leaders of the initiative to be optimally effective as leaders
- Develop programming that advances women
- Measure outcomes
Please contact Ellen to discuss how we can help you make your firm’s women’s initiative produce authentic change.