Upward Review Process in Large Law Firm
Developed an interview protocol and conducted in-person interviews of 100s of associates of a large firm in order to provide feedback to supervisors as well as information for the firm about associate morale, diversity issues and office- and practice-group-specific- feedback. Prepared an extensive report to the firm about strengths and weaknesses of its diversity and inclusion efforts and areas for improvement.
Women’s Initiative of a Global Law Firm
Retained by firm management to provide strategic consultation to the firm’s recently created Women’s Initiative. Worked with leadership to develop a multi-year strategic plan with buy-in from the highest levels of the firm’s leadership.
To date, activities have included:
- Half-day Workshop on Leadership and Social Capital for the firm’s first Women’s Leadership Retreat
- Ongoing coaching of Women’s Initiative leadership
- Executive coaching for high-potential women partners
- Work with Women’s Initiative leaders to create a Networking Circles program to facilitate cross-firm and cross-practice connections among the firm’s women partners.
- Provide ongoing training to Networking Circle facilitators
- Provide training on unconscious bias to firm’s associate evaluation committee
- Advise on the development of an intranet for the firm’s women attorneys
- Advise on business development programming
- Advise on the creation of a process to address concerns about fair allocation of credit to women attorneys
- Advise on the creation of a process to facilitate the inclusion of women attorneys in joint client development activities